Energy Specialist (Oil / Gas) - Analytics
Job type: Perm
Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
Location: England - London - London
My client, a Tier 1 Global Management Consulting firm is looking to expand its team within energy advisory services. The group whose focus is on providing expert insight to the global energy space has a strong reputation and track record having partnered with 18 of the top 20 oil and gas companies worldwide. Due to increased demand, the group have increased headcount and are keen to bring in specialist upstream and downstream analysts with strong modelling and fundamentals knowledge in their field (these analysts can be at a junior level with relevant industry exposure or at a mid tier level).
Focusing on the oil / gas sector, you will join a team which is looking to strengthen and extend its consulting services developing its fundamental analytical capability providing in depth macro-economic and industry insights whilst supporting oil / gas investors and private equity. The role will include performing market analysis looking into the fundamentals of the upstream exploration & production industry / downstream refining industry with your responsibilities including interpreting, analysing and forecasting macroeconomics. The role will also include work into strategy, financial planning and due diligence of potential investments. You will be expected to provide bespoke advice for clients using your developed deep sector insight.
What's in it for you?
* An outstanding opportunity to partner global oil and gas majors whilst responsible for leading deep energy analysis to tackle real world issues.
* Build your network and liaise with industry leaders.
* Benefit from some of the best training and coaching the sector has to offer.
* The opportunity to work at a global level.
* ESSENTIAL: At least a Masters Degree in ideally engineering, economics or other mathematically rigorous disciplines from a top tier University.
* Experience within the oil and gas sector / advisory services for the oil and gas sector (can be strong internships for junior candidates)
* An analytical mind set along with the quantitative and conceptual problem solving experience.
* Exceptional communication skills including the ability to influence and persuade internal management teams and external investors.
* Commercial and entrepreneurial mindset.
* Strong Excel ability / Exposure to Financial Modelling
To find out more about Huxley Associates, please visit www.huxley.com.
Contact name: Lee Abrahams
Contact telephone: +44 (0) 20 7469 5037