Germany | Privacy and cookies policy
Huxley Associates, a trading division of SThree GmbH whose registered office is at Garden Towers, Neue Mainzer Strasse 46-50, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany ("Huxley Associates", "we, us, our") is a leader in the recruitment industry. Huxley Associates acts as the data controller of personal information obtained from its clients with a need for recruitment services and of personal information submitted by candidates who are interested in job postings.
Collecting your data
Our main aim is to facilitate the recruitment process, and match our clients' requirements to job opportunities or candidates. In order to fulfil our legal and business obligations we procure personal information you make available to us when visiting our Homepage. We use this information to improve our services we offer to you and to analyse and remedy defects. In order to use our services, you will be asked to provide us with your personal data such as your title and name, your email address and telephone number, company details, business telephone numbers. Furthermore you have the opportunity to submit your CV on which you can describe your skills, knowledge and experience.
In the course of recruitment process we may also store further information that may be of importance for a successful placement.
How do we use your data
To be able to provide our products and services to you, your information will be retained, processed and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To facilitate the recruitment process, by matching your details to job opportunities;
- To allow details of your skills and experience, to be viewed by our clients whom we feel may be interested in engaging your services. Please be assured that your personal details will only be provided to our clients if you have given permission to us to do so;
- To allow you to subscribe to our "Jobs by Email" service. This service will allow you to receive details of latest jobs via e-mail which are relevant to your sector and professional experience. Where you are sent details of a job via "Jobs by Email" service, you will be able to unsubscribe from such updates at any time firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To keep you informed of job opportunities and contract assignments which we think may be of interest to you;
- To keep you updated of services provided by our third party business partners which are relevant to your sector. You can opt out at any time from such e-mails email@example.com;
- To preserve our business relationship with you as a user of our website;
- To keep you informed of the products and services (relevant to your sector and your professional interests) offered by us or our group companies via relevant marketing communications. These could include information about recently registered candidates/consultants, client workshops we are arranging, market updates, new software or training courses that may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Your access rights to your stored data, changes and objections to the data processing
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the event that you:
- Have any queries about the information that we hold about you;
- Wish to inform us of any changes in your information or wish to correct the information we hold about you;
- Have any requests with regard to our processing of your personal data;
- Decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us or our group companies, please either email the above address or follow the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing email messages to you;
- Wish to access information held about you. On request, we will provide information in writing about your information and Personal Data stored on our database and its origin;
- Do not wish us to hold your information, you are entitled to tell us at any time and we will remove all such information as specified by you from our database in accordance with the law.
Sharing your information
We want to provide as full a service as possible and support you in your recruitment needs. We appreciate that candidates with specialist expertise have a strong preference for dealing with equally specialist recruiters. In turn, the recruiter is able to offer clients higher quality candidates. As part of the SThree Group we are part of a global multi-brand business model specialising in Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Engineering & Energy, and Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology, as well as ICT. Our brands (Computer Futures, Huxley Associates, Progressive, Real Staffing Group, JP Gray, Orgtel and IT Job Board) are run via the following legal entities around the world.
We rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your information.
We hold your data with a view to providing future recruitment services to you and to manage the business relationship. In the event that the business relationship ceases we confirm that we will delete personal data in accordance with our legal obligations.
We have appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to ensure the security of your information and to protect it against deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss or unauthorised access.
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal information communicated through the internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us through this website. By using this website and entering your personal data, you accept that you use this website at your own risk.
Changes to this Policy
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies on our website:
1) 'Session Cookies'
These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding having to re-enter information. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
2) 'Persistent Cookies'
These are cookies remain on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies help us to identify you as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number).
To tailor our website so that it meets your specific needs, we use different technologies, including cookies, which allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website.
- To recognise and count the number of visitors and pages or various parts of a page they have visited on our site;
- To improve and monitor the advertisement and marketing we offer to our visitors, based on our visitor's interest and activity.
- Within our online application forms and client staff search facility. Without cookies enabled our client's will not be able to use the staff search section of our site.
In summary, by using cookies we are able to improve your experience when you browse our website and enable us to continually improve our site and our services for you. Our cookies have been set in our browser and we will assume you are ok with them via your continuous use of our website. You can disable certain cookies as set out below. If you disable these cookies we cannot guarantee how the site will perform for you.
Managing your cookies
Enabling cookies will ensure you receive the optimum user experience from our website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can deactivate this function at any time and set your browser to notify you whenever a cookie is sent. You can use your browser settings to block all or some cookies. Please note that if you do block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Amending your cookie settings is different in different browsers, for ease, we've included instructions on amending your settings in the most popular browsers below:
How to check cookies are enabled on windows platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9
- Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Internet options', then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Options'
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Options'
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
- Select the cog icon' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Preferences'
- Select 'Security and, check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for apple platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Select 'Explorer' from the top menu of your browser and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll to the 'Cookies' option under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- Select 'Safari' from the top menu of your browser and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
If you are using a different browser please consult your product documentation, online help files or the browser manufactures website.
This policy was last updated in October 2012