My client, an investment bank, is seeking a hands-on IAM engineer to join its team in Jersey City.
The right candidate should have 3-8 years of experience working as an IAM engineer. Candidates must have programming with Python.
This project involves automation of IAM software. This will be a contract position that the manager may look to extend or convert to a direct hire. Please apply if you are interested in a long-term engagement. The rate will be based on experience, market rate, and the budget of the group.
The IAM Engineer is a consultant engineering role responsible for performing system implementation and integration activities. The engineer role is critical to delivery of services and managing business expectations day-to-day. The role also includes planning and implementation of security controls, as well as daily administration until controls are automated. The position reports to the IAM Team Lead and works closely with other teams in delivering best in class security engagements for our users.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in requirements gathering and use cases development
- Create, validate, and justify security solutions and designs consistent with client objectives and best practices
- Develop deployment and implementation methodology and standards consistent with vendor best practices
- Install, integrate, configure, and deploy IAM solutions and systems to facilitate User Life-Cycle Management, Identity and Access Governance, Automated Provisioning, Single Sign-On, Federation, Privileged Account Management.
- Transcribe and present technical information to business / executive levels
- Develop and execute test cases and test plans for IAM solutions
- Respond to escalated Tier 3 client support calls for managed services, as needed
- Planning and implementation of security controls, as well as daily administration until automated
- Provide knowledge transfer, training, and support activities
- Provide a high level of customer service through comprehensive communication
- Observe project delivery protocol and ensure timely escalation of status, issues, and risks
- Work with vendor product support to open, troubleshoot, and resolve product issues
- Develop technical project plans and aid in project resourcing
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- 2 to 4 years' experience in security consulting, security administration, and/or Information Technology field
- 1+ years of solution design, integration architecture, technical development, and deployment experience of IAM solutions and products
- Proficient in Java, Python, or similar object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise directories (LDAP, Active Directory, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Experience setting up and installing software on Windows and Unix (Linux, HP, Solaris, AIX) platforms
- Experience with the following web technologies (XML, SPML/SOAP, Web Services, etc.)
- Experience with web application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Working knowledge of securing resources in third party hosted cloud environment a plus
- Ability to work in a team fostered, multi-tasked environment
- Proactive work behavior: forward-thinking, change oriented, growth mindset
- Proficient in writing executive level reports and technical documentation
- Connect easily with business units and colleagues to communicate effectively across business and technical boundaries to offer recommendations as an expert with best practices
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.