A leading financial services institution has an opportunity for a Network Engineer to join their London based team on a permanent basis.
This role sits within the Enterprise Technology Team who are responsible for the technology operations of both applications and infrastructure across the business. As a member of the London team, you will work closely with teams based in New York to enhance the operations and engineering function by increasing the firms' regional network support capability.
You will be responsible for establishing the root cause of outages and events and work to improve the network environments to minimise network disruption. As well as this you'll be managing and troubleshooting issues, hence will need to be dynamic and able to work well under pressure to resolve incidents in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good experience in a similar role from a large organisation (financial services ideally)
- CCNP certification is a must. Cisco Certified InterNetwork Expert - CCIE certification is desirable.
- Expert routing and switching.
- Good knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions (Cisco ASA and Checkpoint) and ideally excellent knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls
- Knowledge of F5 (LTM and GTM)
- Hands on implementation experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment with the flexibility and agility to adapt to changing requirements
- Good time management skills to manage and action business as usual operational tasks as well as execute and deliver projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned Network Engineer to work on a range of cutting edge technologies within a world leading financial services institution who can offer career progression for the right candidate.
Base salary up to £52,000 + bonus + benefits.
If this is of interest to you please apply and send your up to date CV.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales