I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Tax Manager to work with one of the UK's leading banks in Edinburgh
The role holder will be required to provide assistance to the project Tax Manager in completing Tax Due Diligence Questionnaires and undertaking necessary pre-elimination tax actions.
The role holder will gain a broad understanding of the internal elimination process, general voluntary liquidation and strike off processes.
- Assist in completing Tax Due Diligence Questionnaires for group entities identified as elimination targets, meeting deadlines.
- Ensure that issues, risks, assumptions and dependencies are identified, managed and documented.
- Assist with completing necessary pre-elimination tax actions in a timely manner, including preparation of pre-elimination tax computations, preparation of tax journals and tax payment requests.
- Build good relationships with other team members, Finance contacts and other stakeholders.
- Anticipate issues and proactively find solutions in advance of any deadlines.
- A number of years' corporation tax technical experience and tax accounting knowledge.
- Ideally you will have completed professional exams (either accountancy related or tax qualifications such as ATT/CIOT).
- Previous experience of working in large banking, finance or corporate environments would be helpful but is not essential.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Strong corporation tax technical knowledge.
- Ability to explain technical points/complex information to non-tax specialists.
- A practical understanding of relevant tax software (Alphatax) and processes.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to extract core information.
- Organisational awareness.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to forge and build relationships with team members and key stakeholders.
- Capability in planning and control.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- High levels of energy and drive.
- High levels of resilience.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Team player.
If this sounds of interest then please apply and I will be in touch with suitable candidates ASAP
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com