My client is an international operating travel company that's in the scale-up phase.
At the moment they are in a technical restructure and moving towards a micro-service based infrastructure, that's where this role comes in. The development team is growing and recent positions have been filled with highly skilled developers with extensive knowledge and background in back-end and front-end development. The last position to complete the team is this Java Back-end development so the journey can commence.
Is an international e-commerce scale-up in the travel industry, founded in 2006 and leading in their market. We help travellers from all over the world to have an unforgettable experience in Europe. As a scale-up, it offers you the best of both worlds. They offer you the atmosphere and freedom of a start-up, combined with the professionality and resources of an established company. They are a fully e-commerce company and monstly work with the latest tooling and IT systems including payment, fulfilment, and translation solutions.
This is a hand-on role that will take the digital experience of my client to the next level. You will guide the transition of the company toward a micro-services oriented infrastructure. It will be hosted in an AWS environment. Other projects include;
- building new components and features for the eCommerce platform
- building a self-service reservations platform for customers
- deliver a seamless digital experience in international travel, a true paperless experience.
Your main focus is with the back-end logic and the definition and maintenance of the code.
The team currently consists of product owners, QA specialists, eCommerce specialists, architects and front/back-end developers.
They cooperate in an Agile/Scrum methodology in cross-functional teams.
For this particular role we're looking for someone with a background in Java back-end development.
- Java back-end experience, preferably 2+ years
- Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, REST
- Experience with relational databases, MS SQL, MySQL
- Confident in working in a CI/CD environment
- Preferably you have experience with AWS components and eCommerce platforms.
- Fluent in English
- A international working environment with positive and ambitious mind-set
- A personal training plan and budget
- Above market conform salary
- An opportunity to add value which is directly visible
- Possibility to work 32 - 40 hours
If you're interested in this or any other Java opportunity please contact me at +31 20 522 1322 or apply by using the link below.
Sthree Holland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.