Detection and Response Engineer
Detection & Response Engineer
A large hedge fund is looking for a Detection & Response Engineer to develop the detection and incident response security program as well as implement the necessary technical controls to keep the firm secure. You'll work to understand and detect the threats and malicious activity in the environment and then be part of putting in place the necessary remediation to slow attack progression.
What you'll do…
- Lead the design, implementation and administration of security technologies
- Detection and response testing and framework development
- Automate the detection and response processes
- Secure the on premise and cloud environments
- SIEM development, anomaly detection and user behavior analytics
You'll be great for this role if you have…
- 3+ years' security engineering experience and 3+ years' scripting / automation experience
- Familiarity with web app exploits and detection capabilities
- Strong understanding of security and network fundamentals
- Background in Windows and Linux best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related area
- Financial industry experience is a plus
This is a full-time, permanent, direct-hire role in downtown Chicago. If you or someone you know might be interested, please reach out to Emily at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.