Medior Front-end developer
Den Haag, Netherlands
This company is the biggest online marketplace for the supply and demand of rooms, studios and apartments for students, starting professionals and expats. Here are a few facts and figures to give you an impression; there are about 100 million page views a year, the website is visited about 18 million times, around 450 thousands profiles are active and around 100 thousands rooms, studio's and apartments are advertised.
Job: Medior Front-end Developer
Location: The Hague / Den Haag , Netherlands (We are looking for regional based applicants, who are eligible to work in Netherlands)
Hours: 40 p/w
Salary: Market Conform
Preferred experience: 3-5 years
What will you do As a front-end developer
How does working here look like?
For this company you will be working in a passionate scrum team, consisting of 2 senior back-enders, of which one takes the roll of scrum master, a skilled front-ender, a medior all-round dev, a dedicated tester and of course the product owner. Next to that we work with a flexible near shore team for bigger projects. To realize the innovative web projects, we work with Agile / Scrum, in which we use Jira Agile. In collaboration with the Product Owner, sprints will be carefully scheduled by means of points poker, based on the velocity of previous sprints. Nevertheless with a lot of innovative projects coming up, it's going to be a challenge to make all deadlines. The work you have performed will be directly visible on the platform, and you'll receive feedback from both our end-users and the business.
What are your tasks?
- Realizing web projects; development of the Web platform
- Support the related services (like API's for the apps)
- Contributing ideas and solutions with regard to technical issues
- Close collaboration with the product owner and in-house developers
- Direct contact with the external system administrators you're supporting and vice versa
- IT-related Higher Vocational / University education
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a front-end developer
- Experience with Angular2 and higher
- Experience with CSS framework libraries (Bootstrap, Materialize) is a requirement.
- Experience with XML, SOAP
- Independent, analytical and perseverance should be words that you are comfortable with
Nice to have:
- Experience with Continous Integration Tools like Team city or similar tools
- Experience with high-performance websites
- Experience with responsive and adaptive designs
- Work experience in a scrum / agile team
- Experience with windows hosting environment
- Knowledge of SEO
- Experience with Developing Progressive Web Apps
What does the company offer you?
- A salary that is based on your experience and skill level
- 25 vacation days
- A pension scheme
- A laptop
- Travel allowance
- Well-accessible, representative workplace at our The Hague headquarters
- Short lines with the business, in a very international team of people
- Online training with Pluralsight
Want to know more? Apply directly or get in touch with our recruiter Jolan Paauw - j.paauw @ huxley.com or 020 522 13 22