I am working with an investment firm in Chicago, specializing in early to mid-growth capital, who is looking to add a Senior DevOps engineer to lead 2 other engineers. This person will be responsible for mentoring and leading their team as well as providing hands on technical work. 70% individual contributor and 30% strategy and architecture. The main role will be re-platforming businesses/start-ups that are acquired into a working model and handing them off to the development team, then moving on to a new project.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related experience and 7+ years of professional working experience
- 2+ years of Kubernetes and running kubernetes in the cloud (AWS experience)
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines
- Python/Bash knowledge
- JIRA, Build and Release Management experience
- Experience leading a team or being the "go-to" guy/gal. Experience road-mapping and setting the direction for your team.
- Knowledge of systems and software architecture - large code maintenance, software deployment, etc.
- Incredible communication, problem solving and organisational skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Competitive Base salary + Bonus + Full Benefits
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.