Senior Security Analyst SOC
The senior analyst will work as part of the Security Operations Centre (SOC) providing level 2 & 3 support for our clients managed services customers. This includes providing phone, email, remote access and occasionally face to face support. Responsibilities involve incident logging and ownership (with detailed notes), managing escalations, incident investigations and ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLA) response and resolution targets are met.
There is a requirement to be flexible in terms of shift rotations as the SOC provides 24x7x365 analyst attendance. Responsibilities also include the management and implementation of change requests, configuration changes, technical report writing and software updates.
The Senior Security Analyst will need to be and Australian Citizen, be proficient in monitoring and analysing logs and events from a multitude of sources, while using systems like SIEM's, log analysers and threat intelligence sources to determine whether said events constitute a genuine security incident.
The ideal candidate will be an Australian Citizen, have 3-5 years of experience working with systems, networking and security technologies, with at least 2 years working as a Security Analyst or equivalent role. The candidate will be required to demonstrate the following skills and proficiencies:
- Working knowledge of the TCP IP stack
- Working knowledge of Networking stack
- Experience with threat-hunting
- Hands-on security knowledge of Windows/Linux/Unix platforms
- Hands-on experience with one or more SIEM systems (e.g. AlienVault, ArcSight, Exabeam, IBM QRadar, LogRhythm, McAfee ESM, Rapid7 IDR, Splunk)
- Experience in troubleshooting and managing firewall technologies (e.g. Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto)
- A demonstrated knowledge of IT security controls associated with firewalls, email, web, endpoints, operating systems, IPS/IDS, cryptography, networks etc.
- Experience working with vulnerability management solutions (e.g. Nexpose, Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable)
- Great environment, with excellent benefits e.g. regular staff events, free drinks and breakfast
- Growing, award winning company
- Company culture that fosters learning and development
- Career progression with lots of on the job training and certification opportunities
- Great bonus structure
If interested in learning more about this role lease call Matthew on 0282512110 or apply directly with an MS Word formatted CV.
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.