SQL Server Developer (Financial Technology)
A hedge fund in New York is seeking a SQL developer to join its team for a long-term contract opening. For this project, you will be part of a global development team responsible for the company's treasury applications.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in financial services (ideally buy side/asset management firms). Strong preference will be given to those who have experience working on treasury projects and big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic).
- Build and support Treasury applications and solutions as a part of a global technology team
- Work closely with business users and analysts to create solutions
- Good problem solving and analytic skills
- Experience with capital markets concepts and operational structure
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, energetic, independent work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of SQL Server programming experience with an understanding of stored procedures, views, indexes and functions.
- 3+ years of .Net programming: C# and/or F#
- Experience with a scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, and Powershell
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux hosts
- Experience with additional technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic
- Experience with common hedge fund vendor platforms (Imagine, Murex, Calypso, Geneva, VPM, etc) a plus
- Experience working with Finance or Treasury domains a plus
- Experience building/enhancing SDLC and Agile development methodologies a plus
- Continuous integration environments - Teamcity, Git / GitHub, Octopus Deploy
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.