Accounting Manager at Leading Global Sports Brand
Our client is a global sports brand, with retail operations in every corner of the world.
As a member of the Japan finance team, you will take a lead role in the accounting division with key tasks such as:
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the team's monthly and quarterly accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate month/quarter-end closing and reporting.
- Manage, coordinate, and perform financial reporting and internal control processes related to: Lead General Leger close, Intercompany module close, Fixed Asset Accounting Review and module close, Lease Accounting Tool Review, and Sports Marketing Endorsement Contract Accounting review.
- P&L and B/S flux analysis and SOX controls related activities as well as ABAC related controls.
- Quarterly management and external reporting.
- Lead and manage tax returns - Corporate Tax, Consumption tax, enterprise tax etc.
- Develop high profile, influential, and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers of the business while demonstrating mastery of US GAAP, particularly around SG&A, General legers and Tax.
- Work closely with Finance Planning team and the Operations team to enable new business strategies and optimize/enhance accounting processes.
The successful candidate with be able to demostrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in accounting, finance or related functions
- Big 4 Public accounting experience and/or Certified Public Accountant is required
- Proven success in developing organization operating standards/processes as well as supporting documentation
- Strong communication (verbal and written) in both in Japanese and in English and stakeholder engagement skills with an ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership team and influence across a large, global matrixed organization
- High standards for quality and the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and requests; ability to innovate and navigate through ambiguity
- Extensive US GAAP experience and technical accounting knowledge around general accounting, SG&A and Local Tax preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with SAP preferred