Backend/Data Engineer - Fully Remote (USA) - FinTech Start Up
About the Role:
Seeing experienced backend data engineer to join the team. The data engineer will be an integral part of the team that is building out the platform infrastructure. This role will have a unique opportunity to help craft our core product offerings.
You will be working on a world-class investment analytics and income portfolio services. The proprietary analytics engine leverages classic quantitative techniques with advanced machine learning tools to analyze income-generating securities globally.
The company is composed of FinTech, investment, capital markets, and quantitative modeling industry veterans with a successful track record in creating profitable companies and cross-functional teams who genuinely enjoy working together.
As a high growth company with world-class financial backers, you will be challenged and rewarded as you contribute to a collective mission towards success.
You might be a great fit if:
- You take pride in developing ETL and data pipelines that are optimized for performance, reliability, and scale.
- You enjoy using a modern technology stack to build services that communicate with each other over REST or gRPC backed by modern technologies such as Kubernetes, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch.
- You take pride in writing well documented, well-rationalized microservices conforming OpenAPI specifications, then letting teams and users consume your APIs using auto-generated SDKs.
- You get excited learning about bleeding-edge technologies and are not afraid to experiment with them on the job. Quickly translating what you learn into prototypes and production applications.
- 2-5 years of hands on development experience in (Java, Kotlin or Scala) and ideally with Python as well
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start up environment. Previous startup experience is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus: DynamoDB / BigTable, Elasticsearch, Redis
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.