BI Database Administrator
We are currently looking for a BI Database Administrator for one of our financial services clients in Sydney CBD. This will be an initial 6 month contract with a view to extend offering attractive daily rates. The role will focus on the conversion of the BI toolset, objects and processes to best practice. There is a need to transition to and maintain a best practice approach in order to improve stability of our systems, data security, reduce risk and increase speed of change.
- Build a new best practice toolset environment for the BI teams use in conjunction with the Technology group.
- Convert our SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI objects to the new environment and best practice principles.
- Document data warehouse lineage and dependencies.
- Document the environment for ongoing support via the development team.
- Provide database support to development teams and business teams through peer review of changes, providing advice to developers.
- 10 + years of years of experience in SQL Database Administration in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Knowledge in supporting the SQL Server full stack. (SSIS / SSRS / SSAS / Power BI)
- Experience in setting up a brand new BI toolset environment from scratch and running a migration project.
- Skilled in explaining technical concepts to technical people.
- Experience in the creation and later ensuring adherence to governance standards.
- Excellent critical thinking, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be proactive. When given a high level goal they will flesh out what's entailed themselves and then proceed to perform what's required.
If you are interested in discussing this role further please apply with your most up to date CV and I will follow up with a chat about this role.
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.