We are looking for a Collateral Analyst to join multinational bank in Hong Kong on a 12 month renewable contract. The Collateral Services Department is responsible for providing support for counterparty credit exposure through margining while also providing value added services to our clients through the production of client valuations statements for over the counter activity. The department mitigates counterparty credit risk by collecting collateral from counterparty to protect the Bank's exposure.
The department is structured into 2 functional teams; Client Facing, and Prime/SEF Margin. The role holder must establish good relationship with internal parties (front office, treasury finance, credit risk management and CDG-documentation etc) to resolving issues relating to collateral management operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the successful processing of daily margin payments & FXs, & that all FIM, Audit and regulatory controls and requirements are always met
- Ensure that we know and understand the business, organisation structure and contacts of all our clearing clients & internal clients
- Ensure that we act as an effective point of contact for our clearing and collateral clients on any transaction, account, margin static or market / product related query
- Ensure that client queries are handled in a professional manner by acknowledging, owning to resolution, and demonstrating turnaround in line with what has been agreed
- Enter all manual funding tickets into TREATS and act as First Level Checker when not acting as an in-putter of tickets
- Daily review of bank reconciliation items and clearance of these items within agreed time frames
- Participate in a consistent client feedback process through external surveys and client service reviews to ensure that service is constantly improved.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a range of client metrics for internal usage and for client usage covering all activity, including exceptions
- Implement a strong client profiling process that helps to identify areas of risk to clients and through inefficient processes
- Ensure that clients receive regular training and updates on the developments of Futures Direct and have the materials required to use Futures Direct to its potential
- Active participation in the design, testing and roll outof new processes and strategic systems
- Provide support & share knowledge on markets, products, procedures, and core operating platforms for team-members
- Ensure that you subscribe to formal objectives & personal development program with your manager
- Ensure that you actively seek regular 1:1 meeting and commit to written minutes and follow-up actions
- Participate actively to teamwork & leadership training & initiatives provided by the Bank
- Participate readily in operations and business-related projects
- Safeguards the Company from potential loss and ensures that all procedures are strictly adhered to
- Constantly reviewing procedures and workflow, identifying necessary changes or enhancement, and escalating to the line managers
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the futures products and trade flows and practices within all markets under the remit of Singapore futures and the regulatory and exchange responsibilities required for each
- Must understand and demonstrate structured knowledge of our high-profile clients, focusing on their business and their processes and ensure that inefficient and controlled processes are recommended to clients and employed where possible
- Ensure that daily controls & checklists are completed accurately and on a timely manner, providing appropriate policing and enforcement across the team
Requirements and Qualifications
The candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of:
- Futures and options product and market risk
- Margin and collateral
- Clients and operational processing risk
- Risk requirements around generic practices
- The Collateral offering and capabilities
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017