Contract LIDAR Systems Characterization Engineer / Optics
Huxley are currently looking to recruit for a key client based in the Edinburgh Area. They are looking to bring in a skilled Lidar Systems Characterization engineer for a minimum of 3 Months. (Contract0
The Client specialises in LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other application
Whilst working closely with IC design, hardware, optical and systems engineers, the role involves the definition and creation of characterisation set-ups for our advanced LiDAR system and custom ICs.
- Define and build optical and electrical characterisation set-ups for our LiDAR systems and ICs Generate large volumes of real-world data for model validation and system emulation.
- Work with the hardware and software teams on characterizing custom PCBs Define and carry out optical and electrical experiments to test the performance boundaries of the developed algorithms
- Perform field tests of lidar systems indoors and outdoors
- Prepare test plans, present test reports and determine root causes of optical, electrical and system issues and propose ways to solve them
- Work with the development team to define and execute design validation, characterization and production test plans; publish and present results to the team and to the company's management
*Experience in Characterization, Optical Design, Commercial Systems, Electronics, Zemax
*Contractor must be able to attend site, this is not a remote working role.
This is an immediate requirement with the client looking to interview next week via VC. Immediate start to follow.
To confirm interest please attach over latest CV and i will be in touch if suited
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales