We are recruiting a Data Engineer that will be working in the analytics program for a client that has not been affected by COVID-19. The business is an international giant that operates in, among other sectors, mining.
You will be joining a team of 6 - partnering closely with Data Scientists to help provide business critical analysis and insight. This person provides the "software engineering" skill set to complement the advanced Data Mining techniques used by the Data Scientists - essentially you will be two sides of the same coin, working together. It is important that you can code with Python as this business has a well maintained Python codebase.
This business and team work closely with the US office and recently went through a massive upgrade project on their technology - becoming a Microsoft house. They use Azure as their cloud platform, Power BI, Snowflake as their Data Warehouse. Data Bricks as their ETL tool. Your job will be too collate all this Data so that the Data Scientist can run their analysis and answer any software related queries they have.
Your internal stakeholders will be your team, the Data Scientists and the global infrastructure team in the US who manage the Azure Cloud and Database.
- Acting as a consultant to the Data Scientists on any software related queries
- Continually Develop and maintain the Python code within Infrastructure
- Work with the Group Infrastructure team that manages their cloud and databases
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Development / Software Engineering
- Experience coding with Python is highly preferred - however Java, C#, NodeJS or C++ could also work
- Understanding or work experience with big data infrastructure and cloud environments
- Experience with dev and deployment tools: Git, unit testing, linters, release pipelines
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.