Financial Control & Risk Reporting Consultant - Contract
A leading financial services organisation is currently searching for a Financial Risk Reporting Consultant with experience in monitoring Control Frameworks to comply with U.S. local regulatory requirements for the security broker-dealer business. This will be a 2.5 month contract.
It will be $507 Daily Rate and based in Jersey City, NJ.
Responsibilities for the role are:
The primary responsibility will be to perform top-down risk assessment in accordance with the applicable regulations and guidelines, assessment over the design of the process and control environment, advise business/process owner for potential risk with targeted solutions, and tests over the process and control for effectiveness assessment.
- Before each closing period, review the control working program and circulate planning and specification for the regulatory control aspects of the closing process to all the stakeholders
- For each closing period review and test the effectiveness of the controls performed by various CIB NA and IHC functions according to the control working program
- Review the internal control certification sent by Finance with their provider to confirm control design and effectiveness
- Identify and escalate control gaps
- Contribute to review and challenge the draft of local reporting before their submission to the regulators
- Formalize and report the results of the controls to the relevant governance bodies for local regulatory reporting
- Interact with external consultant as needed for assessment of changes in local regulatory requirements
- Assist Global Markets and Risk Reporting control team on the execution of control programs
- Develop the local regulatory control framework by assisting the local regulatory reporting team to identify and document controls in place or to be implemented by CIB North America and IHC functions (i.e. Middle Office, Back Office, and Accounting)
- Perform risk assessment and identify key controls in accordance with the U.S. local regulatory requirements, such as SEA 17a-5 and COSO control framework
- Document / review documentation of processes, risks and controls
- Perform / review testing of controls and document testing procedures performed
- Evaluate the compliance of CIB NA and IHC accounting control environment with local regulatory requirements
- Identification of control weakness/control gap and suggestion/implementation of solutions
- Coordination with Control / Process Owners, external auditors and other stakeholders regarding control documentation, testing, and evaluation.
- Update knowledge of latest regulatory reporting requirements/developments
- Assist in developing an "control oriented' culture for regulatory reporting across the organization (Finance and non-Finance).
If you are interested, please apply with an up to date CV and I will reach out if your profile matches the client requirements.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales