We are looking for a legal counsel for an online social networking company to join the team on a 6-month contract. The role is wide-ranging and, among other things, involves advising clients on various legal risks and obligations under global privacy laws on new products and data uses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a strong foundation of the APAC privacy team and advise the legal, business, and policy teams on complex privacy and security-related legal matters.
- Analyse services, products, policies, and initiatives to provide practical legal assessments of risk across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advise on and help manage notification requirements across APAC
- Work as part of and help further develop both our global and Asia Pacific specific internal privacy compliance programs and processes ensuring their on-going consistent and efficient operation on a global scale.
- Provide support to wider legal team on APAC regulatory and litigation matters and liaising with regulators in relation to privacy.
- Contribute to and provide data protection training and awareness programs, including building knowledge management framework
Requirements and Qualifications
- 7 or more years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies (applicable commercial, privacy or product counselling will be considered)
- J.D. or LLM degree and good standing in a bar association
- Privacy experience in APAC
- Experience prioritising work and providing advice under deadlines
- Business judgement and client counselling experience
- Experienced in advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience with global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, especially including those relevant for social media and Internet companies.
- Relevant experience might include product, regulatory or compliance advice.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017