Network Operations Engineer
A global technology services firm is looking to add an experienced Network Operations Engineer to their talented team in Chicago, IL. As this organization is a key resource for the Capital Markets space, this position is a great fit for someone with solid experience with low latency networks, data centers, and operation centers. This position also interacts with both internal and external customers so expert communication skills are vital.
Within this position, your responsibilities include:
- Network and data center monitoring to help identify opportunities to improve performance and increasing stability
- Implement network, hardware, and other infrastructure changes and updates to client services
- Troubleshoot issues and outages performing root cause analyses and escalating to proper teams as needed
- Maintain network infrastructure including hardware and software installations
- Create, review, and update departmental documentation and runbook procedures
Requirements for this role include:
- Extensive experience in a NOC or ISP environment working on networking equipment
- Advanced deployment and troubleshooting skills including Firewalls, Multicast, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Solid experience with Juniper, Cisco, and Arista
- Excellent scripting skills (Python, Shell, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring software
- US Work Authorization Required - This position will not sponsor Visas and is not eligible for C2C
If this position interests you, please apply as soon as possible.
If you know someone else who might be a great fit, feel free to share!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.