Python Developer - Investment Firm - SF/Bay Area
About the Firm
They are based out of San Francisco and their technology stack is Python and React. Located Northern part of Golden Gate Bridge, opposite of where a lot of the traffics are. Great work life balance ("unlimited" vacation days,etc.)
The purpose of this role is to serve as a full stack software developer. The focus of the role is developing web applications and working on other components of the firm's software systems.
They practice agile software development and works in two-week sprints.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide consistent improvements to the current codebase and choice of third-party enterprise software components
- Write code that is easily understood and maintainable by other team members
- Use Git (and a flavor of GitFlow) to keep track of software versions
- Contribute to overall application design, from the way applications interact with users to the way data is stored in the database
- Continuously improve the firm's CI/CD practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals-algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Seasoned Python background or related experience with modern object-oriented languages (Java, Scala, etc.)
- Facility with building web applications and integrating them with other software systems
- Experience in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively, supporting various business departments
- Ability to work in fast-paced interdisciplinary environment
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.