Huxley is working to fill a new position at one of our existing clients. A global investment firm focused on Real Estate which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, they are looking to expand their team in Luxembourg by adding a Senior Accountant.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Manage general accounting for multiple European property and holding entities
- Assist with US GAAP/Lux GAAP/Local GAAP conversions and review
- Obtain and review supporting documentation from third party property managers/accountants
- Assist with statutory reporting filings and preparation of property financial statements
- VAT return coordination and ledger reconciliation
- Review bank reconciliations and manage cash for wholly-owned and JV entities
- Recording journal entries, including closing journal entries for acquisitions and dispositions
- Budget to actual and other variance analysis
- Maintain fixed assets schedules and record depreciation
- Prepare periodic loan compliance packages and communicate with lenders
- Participation in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities
- Ad hoc requests and special projects, as needed
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years` experience, Real Estate experience preferred
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; Lux GAAP experience
- Experience in a Big 4 or service provider
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple project simultaneously
- Enthusiastic, hands-on and proactive with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong English writing and communication skills; French fluency advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Excel required; Yardi and US GAAP experience is a plus
Due to the confidential nature of information received by the Employee as well as the need for confidentiality within the framework of the business conducted by the Company, it is of utmost importance that the Company can have full trust and place entire confidence it its employees. Accordingly, the Company requires the Employee to produce a clean criminal record extract in line with the applicable laws and regulations as a condition precedent to the effectiveness of the Agreement.
Sthree Luxembourg is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.