Supplier Relationship Manager
My client, a leading transmission and distribution provider with exciting growth plans, are looking for an experienced supply chain professional to join their team as a Supplier Relationship Manager.
This role will be based in Birmingham, with some travel, around 15%.
The Supplier Relationship Manager is responsible for engaging with all current and potential suppliers across the UK energy sector with a focus on building and maintaining a strong and capable supply chain for the transmission & distribution teams. This role will build upon the market entry activity over the last three years. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Build relationships with suppliers at a variety of levels across the relevant parts of their organisation.
- Leading supplier engagement activity and collaborating with them to support work winning and project delivery.
- Collaborating internally with other parts of the business to maximise opportunities with existing global suppliers.
- Inputting to proposals through answer planning workshops
- Inputting to the commercial offer through the pursuit process.
- Enhancing organisation reputation by confirming client satisfaction during the pursuit process and into delivery.
- The Supply Chain Manager collaborates with operational teams to identify needs and resolve potential risks while driving consistency throughout the process.
- The Supply Chain Manager has the industry experience to manage Electricity transmission & Distribution supply chain along with general construction suppliers and contractors.
- Act as the UK point of contact for the company procurement team overseas, who will undertake the transactional procurement activity of material, equipment, and subcontracted construction services.
- Source potential supply chain partners for defined scopes of work, and work with appropriate members of the project team to prequalify suppliers and establish commitment to provide proposals for such work.
- Follow the company procurement standards and methodology.
- Prepare procurement packages in conjunction with the construction teams for the purchase of equipment, materials and subcontracts, working with the corporate procurement team.
- Manage all supply chain partner reporting and communication for our projects.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for procurement personnel assigned to assist with procurement activities.
- Facilitate evaluation of supplier performance and ensure such information is included in the company's supplier database.
- Develop and manage a 360 feedback process with key supply chain partners.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within the T&D sector and as a minimum within the built environment sector.
- Proven ability to build relationships across supplier organisations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Construction or a related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant supply chain management experience, preferably in Electricity Transmission or a similar infrastructure related industry.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Expert knowledge of supply chain management methodologies including the use of relevant tools.
- Good technical knowledge of supplier's products and capabilities
The salary is up to £65,000, plus car allowance, bonus, pension scheme, private health, life assurance, income protection, and employee wellbeing and assistance plans.
To apply, please reply with an up to date CV, along with your salary expectations.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales