System Architect (High Transaction Processing)
Location: Ontario, Canada
Salary: US$95000 - US$120000 per annum + competitive
Sectors: Data and Business Intelligence
Job Type: Permanent
- Own the Product and System architecture, working closely with the product and system management to define and align the architecture with the product roadmap.
- Work with the product owners and scrum teams to define solutions that meet or exceed the market requirements.
- Manage and prioritize the architectural backlog then work with the teams to ensure the highest priority stories are included in each program increment.
- Articulate Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) and architect the solution to meet these NFRs by working with business/product and engineering teams.
- Participate in the Program Increment and Sprint planning.
- Produce and maintain architectural artifacts including diagrams & presentations.
- Review the scrum team's design and development to ensure that it aligns with your architecture.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance to the scrum team members as required.
- Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of the product.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of leading architecture & designs for high-transaction processing systems
- 3+ year of working with Microservices, Dockers, Kubernetes in public cloud environments
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, ideally Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
- Java, Spring Cloud development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing Micro-service architecture.
- Experience articulating NFRs and architecting the solution to meet them in conjunction with business/product and engineering teams.
- Experience with Docker and deployment models in Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a scrum, agile project.
- Experience leading design of new projects.
- Experience evaluating, selecting and coordinating technology choices.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.