We are looking for a Tax Manager to join multinational bank in Hong Kong on a 12 month renewable contract. The role involves active engagement with various stakeholders including senior business management, finance, risk, operations, legal, compliance and with group, regional and local tax teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide proactive and need-based tax advisory services to the designated line of business, deliver effective tax risk management and independent management of transaction or project from a tax perspective. This requires detailed understanding of the business and products/services and up to date knowledge and application of various tax laws and regulations, with an ability to adopt risk-based approach.
- Proactively manage risks; anticipate and escalate risks and issues for senior stakeholders' attention.
- Advice and implement robust mitigation measures and provide ongoing review/assessment including second line of defence reviews.
- Actively participate in various business control and risk management meetings and provide proper tax advice and steer.
- Responsible for tax reporting and compliance for designated corporate entities in the region.
- Participating in special projects and activities (including restructuring, investment, and divestment) as directed by the Line Manager.
- Proactive support and guidance to local tax and finance teams on tax advisory and implementation for areas within its responsibility.
- Proactive support of external lobby and related initiatives.
- Protect the reputation of the organisation and businesses as an honest and fair taxpayer in the jurisdictions in which it operates.
Requirements and Qualifications
Over 10 years overall experience is desirable including areas such as banking, financial services, securities services. In particular;
- Qualified tax professional with deep subject matter expertise in corporate tax laws including but not limited to Hong Kong & China taxes, tax treaties. Ideally gained from international professional service firms and/or large financial institutions.
- Experience in advising on Global Markets tax matters including familiarity of financial products and services.
- Effective communication skills (including presentation) with excellent engagement at senior stakeholder levels.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage transaction or project from a tax perspective.
- Some experience on Hong Kong Stamp duty is desirable and some knowledge on European Transaction Taxes including but not limited to Financial Transaction Tax is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure to demanding deadlines.
- Self-starter with effective analytical, organisational and time management skills.
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 200720126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Huxley Licence Number 53132076J)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Client Services by Asia Recruitment Awards 2017
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017