Utilization Review RN Analyst
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
Salary: US$60000 - US$67000 per annum + competitive
Job Type: Permanent
- Reviews admissions to determine medical necessity and appropriateness of treatment.
- Secures necessary data for extended stay reviews.
- Presents abstract (via telecon) of clinical course of treatment, to all various insurance companies and/or their contractual agencies, to justify continued treatment.
- Reviews, abstracts and assigns initial length of stay and extensions of treatment, as appropriate, for Medicare, self-pay and private (non-precertification) insurance companies.
- Communicates all extensions of treatment to clinical teams and Director, Utilization Review.
- Attends daily treatment team meetings.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's preferred.
- Previous UR experience required
- Previous experience in a behavioral health setting preferred
- Requires good writing skills along with the ability to interpret chart terminology
- Knowledge of addiction helpful
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.