VP of Data Science
Location: New York, United States
Salary: US$300000 - US$400000 per annum + bonus
Sectors: Asset Management
Job Type: Permanent
The VP/ Data Scientist will:
- Have interest in data collection
- Work with fellow quant researchers and identify useful data sources
- Source, clean, map, and store data into internal database for research and trading
What we are looking for
- Ideal candidates will have two or more years of data scientist/quant experience at a buy-side firm
- They will also demonstrate achievements in creative problem solving, a solid foundation in mathematics and statistics, solid programming skills.
- Candidate selection will place emphasis on data related programming (AWS, web scraping for example) and practical experience with data management, as is the willingness to collaborate with other groups in technology and quantitative analysis fields.
Specific skills and experience sought include:
- Post-graduate degree in a hard science (physics, engineering, Math, statistics, etc.)
- Lead development of point-in-time data load framework project in ETL alternative data for trading
- Develop web scrapes to collect alternative data.
- Onboard trading-critical and research-critical datasets
- Map and clean data
- Expertise in Python, Jenkins, Kafka, ZeroMQ, AWS (SQS, RDS, S3, ElasticSearch, Batch, Codebuild), Redis, CouchBase, Snowflake, Vertica, Kubernetes, Airflow, Docker, Spark, Django ORM, Linux/Unix
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.