Functional Analyst (API, Java, .NET)
The client is looking for a Functional Analyst to strengthen their team.
Purpose: Translate and validate business requirements into features
The client is located in Brussels.
Actif in the insurance sector.
Responsibilities and tasks:
1) Translate requirements:
- Translate business requirements into features
- Validate features with business users, technical teams & architects
- Contributing to the design of components and patterns of the defined solution architecture
- Align the features over projects, teams & applications
- Divide the features into releasable sprint increments (user stories)
- Create a functional analysis that enables the development team to implement the user stories
- Analyze the existing systems and highlight areas of improvement
- Assisting the IT-Product-owner on the product backlog
- Document features, stories & analysis in tools like Jira & Confluence
- Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports
- Explain goals, features & stories in sprint planning meetings
- Participate in sprint demo's, reviews & retrospectives
- Support for IT tester for the creation and execution of test cases
(diploma's, certificate, experience, hard skills)
- 5+ years' experience in business and/or functional analysis
- You hold a Bachelor or Master Degree
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing and documenting business and functional requirements
- Experience in writing user stories
- Knowledge of BPMN and UML.
- Knowledge of Sparx Enterprise Architect or equivalent tool.
- Affinity with back-end technology (API, Java, .Net)
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum
- Experience in front end design is a plus (UX, wireframes, analytics, …)
- Fluent in Dutch/English or French/English
- Analytical mind, well organized and result driven
- Working knowledge of data and process modeling
- Great communication skills
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Focus on quality and detail oriented