The project scope:
Infrastructure and telecommunications solutions are an increasingly important and play a vital role in the functioning of the railway infrastructure and traffic management. Management at the client is developing its own solutions for telecoms, thanks to the talent we have internally, and technology that we closely follow. The team " Core Network ", which handles the engineering of the power supplies, optical fibre and transmission networks, IP and MPLS.
The client is actif in the railway infrastructure and traffic management.
Belgian company based in Brussels.
The client is lookinf for a Network Architect IP/MPLS.
As a Network Architect IP/MPLS, the following tasks are part of your responsibilities:
- You analyse the needs and define, according to the projects of the client (internal), the architecture of IP networks and MPLS IP mainly.
- You develop a solution integrated in the existing infrastructure and act proactively to improve the existing network infrastructure. The monitoring of the auctions and the choice of the manufacturer and the integrator are part of it.
- You prepare the intervention with an impact analysis and you have control over the implementation of production and test services.
- You document technical solutions that you are studying (for example, by using diagrams, text, manuals, etc.) and you be sure to knowledge sharing with your colleagues, network engineers within the department network.
As an expert, you will integrate a team that acts as the SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) for all questions relating to the technology (IP networks and IP-MPLS, transmission networks). In the framework of this expert role, you ensure that the tasks of "User Support" in the system of care (weekend/night). You are able to analyse problems, to give the respondent the instructions and guidelines as needed (by phone), and to solve problems.
- You have a Master's degree in a scientific orientation (mathematics, computer science, etc.), civil engineer or industrial.
- You have a minimum of three years' experience in the ICT or telecom. A first experience as a chief network architect is a serious asset.
- You have very profound knowledge of networks and telecommunications, and you are an expert in IP/MPLS.
- You have a sufficient knowledge of the principles of network security (VPN, segmentation, proxy, firewall, authentication, dot1x, ...)
- Experience and/or certification with Juniper, Nokia is a plus
- You have an analytical mind, and can analyse complex information and translate them into appropriate solutions.
- You look at complex situations in an objective manner and take into account different points of view in order to reach a conclusion.
- You work independently and organize effectively your own tasks.
- You have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing. You easily share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- You are able to lead a small team of network engineers. Thanks to your innovative ideas, you will propose enhancements.
Knowledge of languages:
- You are a French speaker and have a good basic knowledge of the Dutch language. In addition, you have a good knowledge of English.
- An exciting and varied function within a stable company that contributes to sustainable mobility for the society
- Many opportunities for training and progression : you are the entrepreneur of your own career
- A lot of flexibility, so as to be able to define your own work - life balance
- And much more…