Network Security Engineer (HA-33924923)
The client is looking for a Network Security Engineer.
The client is located in Brussels and actif in banking and finance sector.
The Network Engineer will contribute to a team responsible for the day-to-day operation and monitoring of the Networks and project delivery.
The candidate will assist in setup and maintenance of production network infrastructure, contribute to the configuration of our Network devices.
In addition, there will be a specific focus on the Security review of our environment, Firewall management and firewall rules review, implementation and cleanup. A transition to Software Defined network is ongoing and therefore the global security review will have to integrate this new parameter.
This position requires a broad knowledge of Network Security systems (Algosec, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, …), Software Defined Network (ACI technology, EPG, …), … It involves analytical skills and troubleshooting capability to work with the team member to quickly diagnose and resolve network issues.
- Set up, configure, and support network Security Infrastructure (Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Panorama, Firepower, IDS, …)
- Manage the Algosec application and its main features (matching process, fireflow, appviz, …)
- Review, implement and enhance our network Security environment.
- Assist with maintaining current documentation of related corporate network implementation.
- Involvement in troubleshoot network security systems.
- Provide network project support to other teams with the implementation of enterprise and operational service upgrades and new initiatives.
- Be involved in Infrastructure and Business projects by delivering the required infrastructure (and related documentation).
- Perform vulnerability assessment, validation & upgrade on the Network Security Systems.
- Maintain process like Configuration Management and Monitoring of the infrastructure.
- Optimize our current network implementation and introduce automation services in our environment
- Integrate Watch-Duty role and support Week-End interventions
Qualifications - Required knowledge & skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or Certifications in Network Technologies, Information Systems, or other related disciplines (preferred).
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience in Network Security Management Systems Palo Alto, Checkpoint, … (5 - 10 years)
- Experience in the management of the Algosec application
- Experience with the Prisma Access, Prisma Access for user, … technology
- Good knowledge with routing and switching technology (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, VRF, MPLS, GRE, IPSEC, OTV...)
- Excellent understanding TCP/IP protocols and related DNS (Infoblox), QoS
- Knowledge of AVI, Cisco ACS / ISE / Prime, F5.
- Experience in SDN / Cisco ACI / EPG management is a real asset.
- Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies and disciplines quickly.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Fluent in English (French and/or Dutch is a plus)
- Ability to function in a team oriented environment.
- This position requires an individual with good communication (both verbal and written), organizational, and analytical / problem-solving skills.
- The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and perform tasks with a high degree of quality, while following existing processes and operational procedures.
- Additionally, the position requires the ability to work with members of other teams and staff to meet all necessary department and organizational goals.