Automated Gate Engineer
Please note that only those based in the UK with no sponsorship requirements can be considered, and this a permanent role.
My client, a leading supplier of safety systems to the utilities industry, are looking to hire an Automated Gate Engineer. This is due to growth within the company, with a great order book, and very stable in the current climate, they have hired 9 people just in the last 6 weeks!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate must be a self-starting and diligent problem solver, able to work both individually and as part of a team. Excellent customer facing skills and self-presentation are required.
Not limited to working extensively within the Utilities Sector to provide Installation, Service and Maintenance of Perimeter Security Systems to include:
- Automated / Automatic / Manual Swing and Sliding Gates / Barriers / Bollards / Turnstiles etc.
- Industrial Roller Shutter and Sectional Doors / Automatic Pedestrian Doors
- Access Control Systems / CCTV Systems / Electrical Installations
- Intercom Systems(Video and Audio) / Induction Loop Systems (Traffic)
- To support to other areas of the business where required - Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS)
Key Attributes :
- Willing to travel and work away from home.
- Willing to participate in an out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 in 8)
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt with and work to specific procedures and processes.
- Able to interpret and understand Electrical Wiring Diagrams, Technical Drawings & Documentation.
- Use of Digital Volt Meter and Insulation Tester.
- Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic Fault Finding.
- Able to manage essential Van Stock and replenish when required.
- Completion of precise Engineering Reports.
- Ordering of components and equipment where required.
- Competency in problem solving and an ability to make diligent recommendations.
- Demonstration to Clients and End Users of completed systems or individual work(s).
- Provide training to other Engineers and Company Staff where required.
- Arranging PAT and Calibration of company issued equipment.
- Completion of Asset Tagging and Registration of Information.
- Managing day to day site works / activities.
- Informing line manager(s) of deviations from arrangements.
- Ensuring excellent standards of Health and Safety, Quality and Efficiency at all times.
- Reporting Health & safety defects / incidents / accidents and near miss situations to the Automated Systems Director / Health & Safety Director.
- Reporting defects, snags and complaints to line manager(s).
- To ensure that company management systems and processes are adhered to.
- To ensure that all works are installed and executed in accordance with the works specification.
- Ensuring that all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are adhered to.
- For promoting good practice of material sustainability (Reuse and/or Recycle) initiatives to reduce waste and save costs.
- To report any defective materials and substandard quality, workmanship or standards that do not meet the required specification/s.
Due to remote work locations, extensive UK travel is required with regular overnight stays.
Accommodation arranged and expensed by the company, with a £40 overnight allowance paid in arrears.
The successful candidate will be issued a Company liveried Vehicle with a Fuel Card and will be responsible for:
- Weekly Vehicle Checks
- Vehicle Cleanliness
- Notifying the Company of Service Intervals / Tyre Wear / Windscreen Damage etc.
If you are interested, please reply with an up to date CV and your salary/hourly expectation.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales