We are currently looking to recruit an automation engineer to work for our client in Fareham.
You will be working in an international enterprise that is growing with exciting projects and multiple opportunities in a great network. They are currently looking for an Automation Engineer who will be reporting into the Customer and Product Improvement Manager.
This role will operate within the Automation Team, working with the Senior Automation Engineer to define and deliver automation projects via a clear strategy. It will be vital to continue links across the Engineering departments for both Operations and Design, in particular with the Production Engineering and Maintenance Teams, coupled with the needs of the Operations area to ensure full product life cycle support.
- Work with the Senior Automation Engineer, Production Engineering Team, Quality and Maintenance Teams to identify possible automation projects to deliver cost savings, quality and plant improvements. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken and liaise through the departments to ensure success
- Create and assist with best approach solutions to automated systems.
- Ensure a strong link between the Automation and Production Engineering Teams during project definition, concept, justification and delivery.
- Work with the NPI Launch Team and the SDS process for automation projects associated with new products. It will be critical to build a solid handover in association with Production Engineering with Operations and Maintenance Teams to deliver credible processes within budget, timings and effective training as required.
- Work with the SMR Health and Safety manager to ensure that we achieve and maintain OHSAS 18001 status. This needs to ensure that robust but not labour intensive processes are put into place.
- Previous experience in handling and delivering Automation related projects.
- Effective interpersonal and problem analysis skills.
- Experience in the use and programming of PLC's using ladder logic.
- Experience in the use and programming units using scripted language.
- Experience or a keen interest in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in Control systems and panel wiring.
If you're interested or know someone who is please get in touch.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales