Chief Electronics Engineer (Automotive)
An exciting new permanent opportunity for a Chief Electronics Engineer to expand and develop a team from the West Midlands within a consultancy in the automotive sector owned by one of the largest automotive manufactures in the world.
They have a fantastic working environment with great benefits and work on exciting technology such as drive-lines, transmission systems, electrification, and many other projects depending on client requirements.
The purpose of this role is to lead the design and development of low-to-medium volume controllers for automotive application and support the expansion of the team and business.
- Lead the specification, design and development of complex electronics products for the automotive and off-highway sectors, mainly within Hybrid and EV niches
- Hands-on technical role for design and development activities
- Key involvement in defining ECU strategy within the organisation
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a small and growing team of Electronics Engineers
- Support the definition of the development processes that will satisfy robust automotive industry, customer and internal design standards
- To take products from concept, through the full design life cycle, and participating in the successful production launch.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in embedded controllers and electronic systems
- Analogue and digital design, ideally with an automotive pedigree, with proven history of designing with automotive-qualified processors or equivalent, a variety of switch-mode power supplies and able to design a wide variety of I/O circuitry
- Experience of taking complex electronics products into volume production
- Experience of applicable processes e.g. ISO26262
If you have at least three of the key skills in this description I would be interested in speaking with you as it is comprehensible that you may not meet every requirement. I am also able to offer an excellent referral fee of up to £200 if you know anyone you believe may be suitable for this position!
Contact Sayed on 0121 616 5715
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales