Credit Analysis and Trade Specialist
Responsibilities and Duties
Prime point of contact carrying out a wide range of Trade operations related duties to include the following:
- Review of Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, documentary collections ensuring compliance of rules and procedures with regards to country sanctions and money laundering;
- Co-ordination with relevant departments, commercial, customer services, treasury, banking partners to ensure compliance of opening of letter of Credit, accurate presentation of documents within relevant timelines to enable prompt payment from confirming bank and minimising risk;
- Perform credit analysis of new and existing customers. Recommend credit limits appropriate to risk profile through diligent risk assessment and monitoring. Review all available sources of credit & financial information including Credit agencies, financial statements;
- Handling of complex queries, providing general advice and guidance;
- Building relationships with relevant prime banks, commercial, Treasury and finance teams enhancing Trade Finance awareness, and providing guidance and direction to all;
- Review contractual payment terms and approve or make recommendations;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient resolution of LC matters, Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all cross functional teams including sales.
- Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists an advantage
- Accounting Technician or equivalent Credit qualification desirable
- Third Level Diploma/Degree an advantage
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in a large multinational corporation
- On-going knowledge of current revisions of regulations governing trade products, including Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Letters of Credit (UCP), Uniform Rules for Collections (URC) and International Standby Practices (ISP98)
- Knowledge of trade transactions, document examination and discrepancy resolution.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and risk assessment
- Demonstrate understanding the methods and practice for processing standby letters of credit, documentary collections and other trade related products.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.