A leading global insurance and risk management firm is looking for senior level and mid level data scientists. This position will be sitting out of their New York City Office.
The team has a start up like culture and will support data-related decisions across the business as it processes significant amounts of client, internal, and third party data.
You will be working closely with other data scientists, data engineers, PMs, and stakeholders to improve data products. This is a great opportunity to own data science projects and the entire lifecycle - from model development to production and deployment.
The ideal candidate / the successful individual will have experience with:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or relevant degree
- 3-6+ years of experience (6-8+ years for the senior role) in a data science or quantitative engineering role
- Heavy experience with Python, R, SQL, Spark, Machine Learning, and NLP techniques is required
- Image/multimedia classification and experience with CSS or other unstructured file formats is ideal but not required
- Ideally has experience working with reinsurance concepts and underwriting principles or building financial software/models
- Familiarity with Databricks, DataRobot preferred
- STRONG communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Ability work in a fast paced environment
Please attach a copy of your resume if you or someone in your network is a good fit.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.