I have a requirement for an experienced EC&I Technician with current DV Clearance for a long term EC&I refurbishment project.
The main purpose of the position
To provide Electrical, Control, and Instrumentation (EC&I) support, co-ordinate and control day-to-day site activities, in a safe manner, as determined by the Site, Facility or Project Manager, ensuring that activities run to programme and cost.
To ensure that the operations and activities of all personnel are completed safely and meet Site Operating and QSHEW requirements.
- Carry out maintenance, repair, and inspection of EC&I equipment across site and provide technical support to the operational team.
- Assist in the development of calibration and inspection procedures and systems and maintaining accurate inspection and test records to comply with current legislation, plant safety and quality requirements.
- Assisting operations in diagnosing process problems and failures, fault finding and rectification for instrumentation systems.
- Providing information to the projects team to support process improvements.
- Liaising with operations and site specialists to monitor work done and develop on-site knowledge.
- Control facilities and co-ordinate all site establishment operations in order to adhere to programme and cost
- Co-ordinate and control the day to day operations and site personnel so as to provide safe, secure and efficient work environment, as defined within an approved project plan, ensuring
- all plant and equipment is safely operated
- all physical resources are maintained, stored and organised to allow efficient and effective operation
- resources are made available as required within time, cost and quality criteria
- Ensure facilities and necessary equipment is made available for those engaged on the project
- Monitor the usage of personal protective equipment, ensuring it is worn and correctly used at all times.
- Oversee Contractor and Sub-Contractor personnel and their day to day activity
- Communicate instructions and all necessary information clearly so as to be accessible to all
- Control and support a team of skilled, semi-skilled and technically based individuals, through sound personnel practices such as
- relevant and effective induction
- assisting managers with regular performance appraisal and development interviews
- assisting managers with discipline and grievance counselling interviews
- Ensure all personnel, their work activity and actions meet stringent criteria with regards
- Radiological protection
- Site Operating Licence (where applicable)
- Health & Safety
- Contribute to the preparation and compilation of progress reports, technical reports and statements, and any necessary supporting documentation as necessary
- Submit accurate and relevant information as determined by the Project Manager for contacts such as
- Head office personnel
- Sub-Contractor representative
- Outside bodies - HSE
If this role is of interest please forward your latest CV If you do not possess current DV clearance but either have SC clearance or the ability to obtain DV or SC clearance, please still get in touch as there are other opportunities I could help with.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales