Electrical Design Team Leader
We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Design Team Leader with our client who are a leading global supplier of integrated solutions for a range of different industries including industrial, pharmaceutical, chemical, scientific, process, glass coating and food packaging industries as well as a wide range of R&D applications.
They are a global leader in new technology and the company employ around 3000 people worldwide in the design, manufacture and support of high technology equipment. The business is highly innovative; customer focused and has grown rapidly over recent years. It offers all the advantages of a small pioneering niche company but backed up by the security and professionalism of a global company. Due to a significant amount of growth the company require an Electrical Design Team Leader to join their purpose-built R&D centre of excellence near Bristol.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Design Team Leader role exists to deliver on time to target (Cost, Time and Quality) Engineering solutions that meet or exceed the customers' requirements. You would lead and develop a high performing multi skilled team of up to 8 engineers in order to design and develop electrical systems for complex bespoke projects.
This is a great chance for an experienced engineer to take that first step into more of a management role.
Key activities will include:
- Supporting the team, setting clear and SMART objectives, conducting monthly 1:1's with team members and providing day-to-day support for the team
- Owning and running development projects and activities
- Providing direction and support to all team members, managing and facilitating their performance and tackling first hand any performance issues that become apparent
- Overseeing the team's workload / activities, ensuring correct prioritisation in a fast paced and complex environment
- Direction and development of more junior personnel
- Specification of equipment sub systems and development of test specifications
- Lead design reviews
To be successful in applying for this Electrical Design Team Leader position you will need:
- Formal qualification, training or significant experience in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in a technical product development/design role
- Used to working in a multidisciplinary environment (Software, Mechanical, Technologists)
- A good level of experience in a senior role, ideally with some responsibilities over other staff
This role would provide a salary of up to £45,000 depending upon experience, plus an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, generous pension scheme, life cover, health cash plan, personal development & training plans, annual salary reviews and company bonus scheme averaging 7.5%.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales