Engineering Manager: Power Electronics Mechanical Design
An exciting permanent opportunity to work with an automotive supplier developing exciting technology for the electrification market from the Newcastle Upon Tyne area. This opportunity is for an Engineering Manager to build and manage a team of engineering specialists in electronics mechanical design, specifically for use in power electronics applications. You will be responsible for the technical execution of the team, contribute directly to the design creation and analysis, and deliver to the project time line and objectives.
- Good understanding of the full life-cycle of mechanical design of electronics.
- Experience in Tolerance analysis software, Tolerance stack up, reliability prediction
- Familiar with FEA tools used for thermal, vibration, fluid flow, and structural analysis
- Around 10 years of experience in developing inverters- Electronics/Mechanical
- Around 5 year's experience in people/project management ideally from the automotive industry
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive industry development including global suppliers and critical power electronics components.
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures
- Familiar with engineering documentation (drawings, dimensioning and tolerancing) and industry standards (i.e. SAE and ISO-26262, ASPICE)
- Familiar with structured problem-solving methods (i.e. 8D)
- Exposure in CREO, Teamcenter, ANSYS, Sherlock or other similar tools
- Familiar with MCAD design tools preferred (Solidworks)
If you have at least three of the key skills in this description I would be interested in speaking with you as it is comprehensible that you may not meet every requirement. I am also able to offer an excellent referral fee of up to £200 if you know anyone you believe may be suitable for this position!
Contact Sayed on 0121 616 5715| E:
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales