General Ledger Accountant
As a General Ledger Accountant you will be responsible for,
- Assisting in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner;
- Assist in transition of GL functions both into and out of the Shared service centre;
- Developing new and streamlining existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value added information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month end;
- Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured;
- Participation in ongoing policy and control environment development to ensure compliance with applicable internal control regulations;
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year-end review procedures and local statutory audits as required;
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of variance analysis and standard cost updates as required;
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations.
Requirements & Experience:
- 2-4 years relevant experience (ideally with Shared Service Centre and multinational corporation background);
- Professional Accounting Qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA;
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable;
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft office;
- Fluency in a European language an advantage.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.