Health & Safety Manager
My client, a leading construction company in the transmission and distribution sector with exciting growth plans, are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager. You will have previous experience managing a team, and a background in electricity network construction.
The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for leading all Occupational H&S initiatives and system maintenance with a focus on supporting our engineering and delivery teams deliver exceptional H&S performance. This role will facilitate adherence to OH&S policies and procedures while maintaining compliance with the UK OH&S rules and regulations. This role will build upon the OH&S system put in place and developed in line with our corporate systems over the last three years. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Act as the UK point of contact for the company corporate safety & health team in the US who will provide relevant support and guidance.
- Develop and maintain the company ISO 45001 OH&S Safety Management System.
- Enhance and develop relevant procedures and ensure they comply with all company, regulations and industry standards.
- Manage all project OH&S reporting and communication.
- Provide guidance and leadership for OH&S.
- Serve as the lead on all UK OH&S issues where assistance is needed.
- Provide part-time support on site to assure operations are planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to personnel regarding OH&S issues and work practices.
- Schedule Safety / Audit / Inspections.
- Carry out Investigations, with recommendations and learning.
- Coordinate and mentor project OH&S assessments. Review any assessment findings with appropriate parties. Follow up by documenting the items which require immediate correction.
- Provide information on latest OH&S information / best practices to the business.
- Lead training on OH&S to the UK business and Supply Chain.
- Review and complete, as necessary, Near Miss, Incident and Accident Investigation reports and recommend countermeasures as appropriate.
- Report to Corporate Safety & Health periodically regarding the UKO OH&S progress, challenges, and objectives.
- Collaborate with operational teams to identify needs and resolve potential risks while driving consistency throughout the process.
- Evaluate supplier performance and ensure performance information is included in the company's supplier database and improvement plans implemented.
- This roll will lead in all matters concerning safety and health but will manage a department with environmental and quality professionals as well as other safety professionals.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or equivalent in a Health & Safety related subject.
- A working knowledge of environmental legislation and good site environmental practices.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within the electricity sector and as a minimum within the built environment.
- A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in an electricity networks construction environment.
- Working Knowledge of Electricity in Construction, (substations, OHL and cabling).
- Good knowledge of data analysis & risk assessment.
- A strong understanding of HSE standards and CDM regulations.
- Full driving licence.
The package on offer is up to £70,000, plus car allowance, bonus, pension scheme, private health, life assurance, income protection, and employee wellbeing and assistance plans.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales