Linux Support Engineer
Your future employer is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. They provide laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise in six key markets: Diagnostics; Energy; Environment; Food; Pharmaceutical; and Research. Their values are: innovation, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork. They are passionate and driven to lead, win, and grow as one. You will be working directly in the offices based in the South of Antwerp.
Is it time to take support skills to another level? Our client, a biotechnology company is looking for a Linux Support Engineer for the R&D department.
[Linux Support Engineer]
Your job as a Linux Support Engineer
You will be in charge of hands-on day-to-day operations of the dedicated R&D solutions, but also frequent liaising with local site support and corporate IT department (located off-site) to have a performant integration in the larger IT infrastructure. As they are operating in a regulated environment (e.g. ISO13485, GDPR, IVDR), an eye for detail and documentation is required to make systems comply with the applying regulations.
This position will also be involved in fine tuning existing data management/sharing processes and setting up new processes (both from a technical and procedural point of view).
- Ensure that systems are performing efficiently and that users are provided quality services
- Perform support services, problem resolution, testing, and controlled solution deployment.
- Participate in the implementation of support projects and new technologies.
- Develop user communications, user guides, and training programs to increase end user computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures for the improvement of support activities.
- Ensure compliance to IT policies and controls, and licensing.
- Address support tickets in a timely fashion.
- Setup, configuration, upgrades, training and troubleshooting of software and hardware
- Acquire and maintain excellent knowledge of IT support areas and systems; understand customer support needs.
- Participate in local and global system implementation projects and introduction of new technologies.
- Analyze performance of Helpdesk activities, document issues, propose process enhancements to improve quality of service and prevent future problems.
Required skills for this Linux Support Engineer
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree, University Degree or equivalent degree in Informatics, System Administration, Bioinformatics with system administration focus or similar relevant company experience
- Hands-on experience with managing a Linux-based server infrastructure
- An interest in biology/genomics/bioinformatics
- Experience with versioning system (e.g. Git)
- Minimal fluency in Java
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain complex IT problems and processes to non-experts
- Can-do attitude
- Self-reliant and taking ownership in a non-IT environment
- Good communicator/collaborator (including collaborating with non-IT departments)
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts/processes
- Languages : Dutch and English
Rewards & Benefits
● 13th month
● Permanent contract
● Health insurance
● Excellent pension scheme
● No company car
● Salary bracket between 42K-66K / year
● Excellent training scheme
● 2 bonus systems
● Vertical progression
● Market values and purpose
● Inspiring work environment
● Great work location
Apply now for this Linux Support Engineer
Apply online or contact me about this job or similar jobs in IT, contact Céline Meunier via 02 557 71 35