Mechanical Design Engineer - Subsea Cables Cheltenham
Mechanical Design Engineer - Buoyancy / Subsea Cables Cheltenham
Huxley Engineering and one of Europe's largest names in Engineered Solutions for the Subsea & Renewable Energy Industry are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis, to develop new and existing solutions for Subsea & Renewable Energy Applications.
Based near the Cheltenham area and reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, you, as a Mechanical Design Engineer will be working on the leading edge of technology within Research and Development Department, redesigning current and new products primarily focused on the Subsea& Renewable Energy Industries.
Main Duties of Mechanical Design Engineer:
The Mechanical Design Engineer will driving the development engineering of Subsea Buoyancy & Cable System products [both at concept and project delivery phases] and will be responsible for the design/engineering processes and standards applicable to subsea buoyancy and subsea cable systems.
Experience Required for Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
- Educated to Degree Level in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Offshore Engineering or Marine Engineering.
- Full Product Design & Development Engineering experience in designing & developing buoyancy or subsea cable systems products from concept through commercialisation, including testing, analysis etc)
- Commercial awareness and project management capability (working on multiple projects at any one time).
- Working with 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD), such as Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, ProEngineer etc
- Experience of FEA, Structural & Mechanical Calculations & Systems Calculations- Mechanics, Materials, Structural, Fatigue, Thermal & Stress Analysis
- Knowledge of composite materials knowledge would be of benefit
For the successful Mechanical Design Engineer, a salary reflective of experience is on offer plus package and this Mechanical Design Engineer role is commutable from Cirencester, Bristol, Chepstow, Gloucester, Worcester, Cheltenham, Chepstow, Tewkesbury though we would be keen to hear from Mechanical Design Engineers from further afield / across the United Kingdom / England / Wales / Scotland as relocation will be considered.
To be considered for this Mechanical Design Engineer role, please apply via the link below.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales