Principal Functional Safety Engineer
An exciting new permanent opportunity for a Principal Functional Safety Engineer to join a leading Automotive company based in the West Midlands to work on exciting electrification technology. As a Principal Engineer you will have responsibilities of leading the strategy and implementation of Functional Safety. You will be involved in activities such as HARA, FMEA, FTA, Safety plans and manual, ASIL ratings, etc
- Minimum of 5 year's experience as a Functional Safety Engineer or in a similar role (functional safety of automotive products).
- Experience implementing functional safety standards like EN 13849, IEC 62061, IEC 61508, ISO15998, ISO26262, ISO25119, and other related standards for systems, hardware, and software development like CMMI, ASPICE, INCOSE,
- Minimum of 5 year's experience working to ISO 26262.
- Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, FMEA, FTA at both system and sub-system level.
- 8+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
- Functional Safety experience in plug-in electrical vehicle applications
- Knowledge of SysML/ UML. Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Both strategic and hands on; able to lead in execution as well as develop strategy.
- Ability to lead and develop teams
If you do not have all the experience above, I would still be interested in speaking to you if you have more than year's experience of FMEA, HARA, FTA & ISO 26262.
Alternatively, if you know someone that would be ideal then please refer them for a referral fee.
Please note this client is not sponsoring any Visa now so you must have the right work in the UK.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales