Regulatory Change and Compliance Manager
An opportunity to join a large, coveted and established Financial Services Provider. A leader in the Australian Life Insurance Market, this organisation has an embedded Risk and Compliance culture, strong Risk Management Frameworks being built and excellent career prospects. The
This role supports the Head of Compliance in rebuilding fit for purpose compliance frameworks and policies, managing regulatory change and promoting a strong risk management culture and educating the business on the implementation of frameworks and related methodologies.
This role will suit someone who likes to be take ownership and responsibility for their work, have the opportunity to challenge (respectfully) senior stakeholders in the business and make an impact by shaping and developing a compliance management framework from the ground up.
The team has a flat structure, you will have access to speaking with all levels of the business and the CRO has a strong voice, ensuring the function has board support. The team is friendly, supportive and open and want to hire people that fit that mould.
- Develop and maintain detailed awareness of life insurance related regulatory trends
- Advise the board and CxO leads in understanding the companies regulatory environment
- Develop, maintain and manage a framework to monitor and assess regulatory change requirements
- Building an AML/CTF framework
- Working with Legal and Governance teams in liaising with the regulators
- Be the face of the business with regards to regulatory meetings and reporting
- Embed a positive compliance culture
- Role Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications gained within the legal field
- Extensive experience in operational risk and compliance within financial services
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills up to CxO and Board level
- You need to be able to translate complex regulatory concepts to stakeholders across the business
- You will be managing a team so the ability to develop and empower employees would be useful
For more information please contact Mark Montgomery on 02 8251 2107
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.