Senior Algo Java Developer
Senior Algo Java Developer
Electronic Trader, LONDON
£80,000 - £120,000 - (Associate/VP level)
Remote Working/ Remote On boarding
I am working with an award winning Electronic Trading Platform provider who are based in the heart of London, currently on the market seeking an Senior Algo Java Developer to join there talented and growing middle and front office development team.
The Global Trading Research (GTR) division is responsible for providing the firm's algorithmic trading and quantitative analysis platforms. Managing billions of Euros of trades and hundreds of thousands of events each day the platform is central to the businesses model. The algo development team is looking for an experienced Java developer to join their effort in building out our algorithmic trading platform.
The Algo development team is responsible for the expert trading platform which provides a suite of equity execution algorithms to the businesses institutional client base. Working as part of our London-based team the successful candidate will be involved in both the day-to-day development of this platform and its ongoing modernisation. The candidate will join a successful agile team comprised of experienced software engineers, test engineers and product owners, working closely with the business in a highly collaborative environment
In addition to building out new features and strategies we continue to make significant investments in our software development methodology, tooling and next generation platforms. The successful candidate will work closely with other regional development teams in Hong Kong, New York and San Francisco to further build out these key areas and foster innovation.
- Extensive Java Development (Java 8)
- Experience of Delivering new features, fixing bugs and enhancement/maintenance
- Strong experience of working on experts trading platform
- Bespoke solution for important algorithmic trading clients
- Practice using CI/CD methodologies for code release
- Excellent communication/ Agile software development environment
- Experience with databases, SQL and Linux
- Interest/Ability to learn new programming languages, tools and techniques (Kotlin)
- Algo/ Trading/ Equities background (preferable NOT essential)
- Front office experience (preferable NOT essential)
How to Apply:
Simply attach your most recent resume by following the APPLY link, all applications/expressions of interest are treated as confidential and no resumes will be forwarded to our client without prior written candidate approval.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales