Senior Python Engineer
Senior Python Engineer
£80,000 - £110,000 + Bonus + Benefits
100% Remote Working
The Company: I am working with a leading destination for sneakers and lifestyle, serving over 3 million users per month and we are currently looking for a Senior Python engineer to join the team.
As part of your role you will be defining our systems and data architecture, maintaining our Python live availability system, but will also have the opportunity to learn from and help other teams work on other aspects of the system.
- Must be able to write great code. Understand code is read more than it's written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build. You'll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Owning delivery. We're obsessed with shipping value, you'll own work beyond just a pull request. You'll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. You'll review others work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each others skills.
- Communicating with third parties. Our codebase leverages multiple third party services and the ability to work and communicate closely with external teams is a must.
- A passionate engineer who loves to learn and help others.
- Comfortable with participating and helping the team to make decisions on data structure and promoting good development practices.
- A high-level understanding of Python and Django. We have some interesting new developments and you will be responsible for maintaining and adding new features when needed.
- A high-level understanding of AWS and Server Infrastructure.
- Comfortable with working with data and API's. Most features on the web site require pulling data from our APIs and 3rd party services.
- An understanding of DevOps and CI. Although we have a dedicated backend and DevOps team, the ability to understand and communicate with them is essential.
- Experience with MongoDB is essential. We have systems that rely on using MongoDB and you will be working with them so experience with MongoDB is a must have.
- Experience with website scraping is an optional plus. You'll be working on the data flow from our live availability system and although we have developers who do the configurations for various websites, it would be helpful to have an understanding of how these configurations work.
- A keen attention to detail. We are passionate about solid development fundamentals and like to reflect this in our work.
- Growth mindset. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment, as well as make suggestions on how to improve our process.
How to Apply:
Simply attach your most recent resume by following the APPLY link. All applications/expressions of interest are treated as confidential and no resumes will be forwarded to our client without prior written candidate approval.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales