Senior Software Engineer
A Senior Software Engineer role is now available to be based in Nottingham with 3 days Home working also incorporated into the role (Obviously for now complete home working!) if you are immediately available. As their Senior Software Engineer you will have been programming in C++/ C programming with an excellent understanding of the full software stack and throughout the full product lifecycle.
The company are establishing the key members of the team within a safety critical market and this role will be to follow into a Software Team Lead position as the company grows. As mentioned the company are heavily focused within the safety critical industry so any experience of working to safety standards whether that be in the rail, automotive or medical industry would be an advantage. The Software incorporates the Embedded Low level aspect as well as developing applications on OS as well as Linux Platforms
Core skills for this role include:-
- Excellent knowledge of C++/C# development, under both Windows and Linux.
- Safety Critical Device Experience or working to standards
- preparing associated documentation (risk management, design and development procedures, change control, etc.)
- Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of writing windows drivers
- Familiarity with Python
Desirable Skills & Abilities
- Developing Realtime computer vision applications
- Experience of optimising computer vision algorithms for speed, and porting OpenCV code to GPU and FPGA implementations.
- A background or experience in system modelling using UML or SysML
- Experience with WPF and low-level Windows graphics programming.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, particularly when communicating technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to self-motivate when working independently; prioritise tasks, and work effectively to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work with minimum supervision.
I appreciate that you may not have all the skills listed however if you think this would be suitable and you have relevant skills I would be happy to have a chat and discuss! Alternatively if you know someone who would be suitable then I am able to offer a referral fee.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales