Head of Engineering Glastonbury £80k + CA + Package
Head of Engineering Glastonbury - Circa £80k + Car Allowance + Package
- Are you a Senior Engineering Manager / Head of Engineering within a large fast-paced / fast-moving production or manufacturing environment?
- Do you know what "Good Engineering Practice" looks like within a large high-automated and fast-paced mass volume Production / Manufacturing environment?
- Do you have experience of in building and delivering strategies for future training and recruitment of engineering team members and developing internal competencies within Maintenance / Plant Engineering?
- Do you have experience in delivering R+M budgets and improving the OEE, overall performance & reliability of highly automated production lines?
If so, then please see below….
Head of Engineering Glastonbury - Circa £80k + Package
Huxley Engineering and a Global FMCG Giant are looking to recruit a Head of Engineering for their large Production Site in Somerset, owing to succession planning within the organisation and to support Site & Group Objectives for 2021+.
Reporting into the Site General Manager and with 3 Direct Reports / Circa 110 Indirect Reports, the Head of Engineering is critical to leading the site engineering function to ensure high engagement in safety, quality and performance with a strong continuous improvement culture
Specifically, our Client require a Head of Engineering who can lead by example and demonstrate, coach and lead the team / engineering function in modern maintenance practices including:
- TPM Autonomous Maintenance
- Condition-based Maintenance
- Reliability-Centred Maintenance to drive down failure and maximise performance of all assets in a cost- efficient manner
Duties and Responsibilities for Head of Engineering Manager:
- Provide leadership and management of operational engineering function including MRO Engineering Stores , utilities and systems engineering teams
- Develop the engineering compliance strategy and standards, supporting the factories in achieving these standards.
- Ensure internal processes and legal compliance to all engineering standards are maintained, delivered and audited.
- Day to day line management of direct reports, including regular recorded individual reviews and formal annual appraisal.
- Ensure service provided to Factories by the engineering team is of the highest standard and measured regularly for compliance.
- Lead the development, implementation and review of PM systems that deliver consistent high performance and support the site business plans and KPI's
- Assist in the development of engineering tools and techniques including simple setting, trouble shooting and preventative maintenance guides that reduce the reliance on OEM training and breakdown support
- Develop and lead site engineering groups to ensure compliance with Group H&S Standards:
- Employ all relevant planned maintenance techniques that ensure that the site operational effectiveness is maximised.
- Lead and manage a team of project managers who deliver full lifecycle CAPEX projects
Experience & Requirements for Head of Engineering Role:
- Apprentice-trained HNC / HND / Degree in Engineering Field
- Previous and proven leadership experience with an ability to lead, mentor and develop teams
- Engineering Management / Senior Engineering Management / Head of Engineering Management within a fast-moving Production / Manufacture environment (Pharma, Automotive, Food etc)
- Previous management of R&M Budgets (Circa £5-7m)
- Previous Matrix & Direct Line Management experience of multidisciplinary engineering teams (Circa 120)
- Previous experience in delivering R+M budgets and improving the OEE, overall performance & reliability of highly automated production lines
For the successful Head of Engineering candidate, a salary circa £80,000 + Car Allowance + Package is on offer and this Head of Engineering role is commutable from Bristol, Exeter, Minehead, Taunton, Bath, Weston-Super-Mare, Yeovil, Bampton, Shepton Mallet, Minehead, Chard and Wells, though we would welcome applications from Head of Engineering who would consider relocation to Somerset.
To be considered for this Head of Engineering role, please apply via the link below
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales