Trading Operations Analyst
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to start a career in the Financial industry, or for a candidate already in the early stages of a career in this space who is looking for a more challenging role with greater responsibilities.
- Manage the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of trades and positions on behalf of trade desks across the firm.
- Work closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers and custodians, and firm customers to ensure timely settlement of trades, accuracy of books and records, and avoidance of unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers.
- Work closely with software engineers to further automate and enhance robustness of the firm's operations work-flows
- Become an expert in the logistics and mechanics of trade clearance and settlement
- Play a crucial role in the ability of the firm to conduct trading efficiently and safely
- Perform challenging and stimulating data analysis, and participate in the architecture of new systems and controls.
- Bachelor's degree required; specialisation in math, computer science, business, finance or related disciplines.
- Excellent test scores and very high academic marks (minimum 2.1). Minimum of 500 points (or equivalent) scored in Leaving Certificate.
- Experience with VBA, SQL and/or scripting (i.e. Python) preferred.
- Experience in operations, trade support or related experience is advantageous.
- Ambitious and self-motivated, with the ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), and excellent organisational skills are essential.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.