Recruitment in a candidate-led market in technology
On 9 April 2018, Simon Costa - our Client Services Manager at Huxley (part of the larger SThree Group), recorded a 17-minute podcast with Kathrin Allen - EPMO Lead at Spotless Group, to shed light on the evolvement of the recruitment industry in a candidate-led market, more specifically within the technology space.
A candidate-led market exists where there is a shortage of technically-skilled candidates in relation to the number of jobs available. For a company trying to recruit, this can be tough as the company has to go over and beyond to be able to attract great candidates.
In this podcast, Simon and Kathrin cover the following matters:
- How the recent blowout in technology innovations has resulted in a candidate-led market;
- The impact of a market driven by candidates on the business as a wider community;
- Strategies companies employ to attract candidates in situations where skilled candidates are in limited supply and in high demand;
- External strategies of attracting candidates in a candidate-led market;
- Strategies to retain quality candidates; and
- Challenges of flexibility: Face-to-face communication v/s virtual communication.
Full version of this podcast is available below:
If you would like to discuss how to resolve the challenges that your business is facing as a result of a candidate-led market, please do not hesitate to contact Simon Costa on 04 2413 5452. You may also follow our LinkedIn page for other industry-related insights.